Wednesday 7 January 2015

Excited. Nervous. Relieved. OMG, what am I doing?! Okay, excited again.

In order of the title:

Less than 2 weeks (11 days 9 hours) till my first flight on my biggest adventure yet.


There's so much still to do. I don't want to forget anything. How does one plan for something this big?


Got my passport back from the Indian Consulate in Vancouver with the Indian Visa in it. Yay, at least I can now go to the one country on my schedule where I do know someone and have been to before. I also have the 2 e-visas that I needed for Turkey & Sri Lanka and the others are available on entry at the airport for China, UAE, Oman & Qatar.


Am I really going all this way on my own? To 8 countries I have never been to before and where I know no one and don't even speak the languages? I must be nuts. How do I stay in touch, will anyone even know if I am in trouble or ill or injured?


Okay,
- BREATHE
- leave itinerary with at least 3 people with dates, flights, contact numbers and my own roaming phone numbers
- BREATHE
- make a plan for daily contact (thanks Shannon), maybe on FB,
- BREATHE
- I can do this.  I have planned for contingencies. I will have a blast.

. . . . . BREATHE . . . . . I'm okay now.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to hear about all your adventures! I'm so excited for you! I'm sure you will have a blast and take tones of pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds wonder-full...and you are well prepared, and this isn't your first rodeo. Enjoy and post lots. ks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to reading all about your adventures-Roger

    ReplyDelete