Saturday 4 July 2015

Off to Madrid

After about  26 hours of travel, I am checked in to my hotel in Madrid. Thanks to long layovers in Calgary (4.5 hrs) and Frankfurt (5.5 hrs), it took as long to get here as it does to India!


I'm staying north of the city centre, out of the tourist areas. I have a 1 bedroom apartment with a full kitchen for 60€ per night (about $90). I met another Anglo volunteer for supper, Sandra is from London. We found a lovely cafe just 2 blocks over, very typical, very inexpensive and with good food. I love being in Madrid again!

I went to bed at 9 or 9:30, slept till 2am, was awake for an hour and then slept through until 1 in the afternoon! After being up for 32 hours, it was sorely needed. We had a welcome tapas reception where all the Anglo volunteers could meet each other and the organizers before we set out the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment