Sunday 17 January 2016

10, 9, 8 . . .

Well, the countdown is on - 10 days! I am on my way to Mexico! Two bags are packed and weighed, one more to go plus my backpack. I'll have the maximum: 2 checked and 2 carry-on items, since I'm going to be there a while. I'll be heading down on the 27th/28th with a day or two to acclimate to the altitude (9000 ft), the locale, and the school, then begin doing some teaching on Feb 1st.

I know my address in Metepec and it is about 1/2 km from work, on a gated dead-end street just off a busy road, with a small green space at the other end of the block. There is a large city park less than 1 km away, and shops, malls, cinemas and a Scotiabank within a block or two of the language school where I'll be teaching. Also on Google Earth, the area appears to be pretty flat (perfect for walking to work, the park, on errands, shopping, etc.), but the city is in a valley so I am hoping that some of the surrounding hills will be visible.

I will be really glad to get busy again, I am growing quite bored (and broke) with my current life of leisure. It was not my intention to take this much time off, but it is what it is. I am fortunate that I did take some, otherwise I might be in Istanbul, and while it is a wonderful city and I do love it there, it is just a little too close right now to current unrest. Living and exploring in the Americas just seems like the wiser choice at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment